Race for Free! Volunteer and Race!
Important – Please Read!
The KHMTT has an exceptional safety record, thanks to our dedicated volunteers and supporters who assist racers, monitor motor vehicles, and direct traffic. We offer a variety of positions and the COBRAS will provide training and equipment for your success. (Race marshals must be at least 16 years old.)
There are three ways to participate:
- Race free of charge in exchange for volunteer hours (“Race for Free”).
- Work for a monetary stipend (“Paid”).
- Volunteer without compensation.
If you choose to Race for Free:
- When you receive your assignment you will receive a special link for volunteers to register for the KHMTT email
- Please do not use the registration link on our website.
- You’ll have the flexibility to choose your start time based on your shift and position.
- You can also volunteer and let someone else race for free!
- When you register, use the USAC number of the person who will be racing.
If you choose to be Paid:
- The compensation rate is $25 per race day worked.
- Checks will be mailed after the completion of the entire series.
- COBRAS members and Bicycle Colorado employees are not eligible.
Race Day Parking:
- Non-racing volunteers will receive a complimentary parking pass for each assigned week.
- Racers will need to either pay the daily entrance fee or purchase a Colorado Annual Park Pass.
- Two shifts are available and assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but we cannot guarantee all will be met.
- Check-in with the onsite Volunteer Coordinator at 4:00 p.m.
- Be stationed at your position by 4:20 p.m.
- Remain at your position until 5:40 p.m. when the second shift replacement arrives.
- You’ll be assigned a start time between 6:15 and 6:30 p.m.
- Do not leave your position until your replacement arrives! If your replacement is late, you may radio the Volunteer Coordinator for a replacement.
- Check-in with the onsite Volunteer Coordinator at 5:20 p.m.
- Be stationed at your position by 5:40 p.m.
- Remain in your position until the USAC official relieves you.
- You’ll be assigned a start time between 4:30 and 4:40 p.m.
- A USAC moto will drive past your position at approximately 6:45 p.m. to inform you that the last racer has passed.
Note: Please be prompt (or early) so your first-shift counterpart has enough time to change, warm up, and prepare for their race!
- Safety is a top priority for the COBRAS and KHMTT.
- All applicants must read our Position Description and Duties documentation, which can be downloaded or viewed online.
- All applicants will be required to take a short quiz to ensure an understanding of duties and responsibilities.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email with your position and shift assignment. Please check your spam folder if you don’t receive an email within a few days.
All volunteers and supporting racers will be invited to our volunteer appreciation dinner after the final race.
If you have any questions, please send a message using the Contact form.