Important – Please Read!
The KHMTT holds a safety record second to none in large part because of our many volunteers and supporters assisting racers, monitoring motor vehicles and directing traffic.
With our variety of positions available the COBRAS will train and equip you with everything you need to be successful. (Race marshals must be at least 16 years old.)
There are three ways to participate.
- Race free of charge in exchange for volunteer hours (“Race for Free”)
- Work for a monetary stipend* (“Paid”)
- Volunteer without compensation
If you elect to Race for Free
- You will receive a special link reserved for volunteers to register for the KHMTT when you receive your assignment email
- You will not register using the registration link on our website
- You will have the ability to choose your start time based on your shift and position
If you elect to be Paid
- Compensation rate is $25 per race day you work
- Checks will be mailed after the completion of the entire series
* COBRAS members not eligible
Race Day Parking
Non-racing volunteers will receive a complimentary parking pass for each week’s assignment while racers will be required to either pay the daily entrance fee or may purchase a discounted Colorado Annual Park Pass from the COBRAS. (Annual pass information available when registering to race.)
- Two shifts available
- Assigned on a first come, first served basis*
*We will do our best to accommodate all requests but we cannot guarantee all will be met.
- Check-in with the onsite Volunteer Coordinator at 4:00 pm
- Stationed at your position at or before 4:20 pm
- Remain at your position until 5:45 pm* when the second-shift replacement arrives
- You will be assigned a start time between 6:40 and 6:45 pm
*You may NOT leave your position until your replacement arrives! If your replacement is late, you may radio the Volunteer Coordinator and request a replacement be sent to your location as soon as possible.
- Check-in with the onsite Volunteer Coordinator at 5:25 pm
- Stationed at your position at or before 5:45 pm
- Remain at your position until the USAC official relieves you*
- You will be assigned a start time between 4:30 and 4:40 pm
*USAC moto will drive past your position at approximately 7:00 pm to inform you that the last racer has passed your station.
Note: PLEASE be prompt (or early) so your first-shift counterpart can return to the start area with ample time to change, warm-up and prepare for their race!
Safety is paramount to the COBRAS and KHMTT and as such all applicants must read our Position Description and Duties documentation. Our document can be downloaded or read online when you click “Continue” below. All applicants will be required to take a short quiz to ensure that duties and responsibilities are understood.
After submitting your application an email with your position and shift assignment will be sent. Note: If you do not receive an email within a few days, please check your spam folder.
All volunteers and supporting racers will be invited to our volunteer appreciation dinner after the final night’s race.